Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Offspring Release 8-Bit Versions of "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"

I'll admit to having been a much bigger fan of The Offspring in my youth than now, but after finding out about Dexter's hot sauce (Gringo Bandito) and now their three 8-bit versions of "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" (which you can download free!) my interest is piqued once more!

Like I said, there are three versions - Rudolph, Mistletoe and Eggnog. Rudolph and Eggnog are my favorites - Eggnog has a really fun beat going with it, whereas Rudolph feels more it belongs right on a good Game Boy soundtrack. All in all, I loved them though, and it really was a fun surprise to come across randomly in my email! Most bands would have added them to a new, special re-release of the original CD instead of just saying "Hey, here ya go!"

In case you missed the link above, you can download the .zip file right here: http://www.offspring.com/xmas2013/youre-gonna-go-far-[xmas-2013].zip

No comments:

Post a Comment